POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Puting the ID in Stupid. : Re: Puting the ID in Stupid. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puting the ID in Stupid.
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Mar 2008 16:59:59
Message: <47e975df$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> You might say that but I couldn't possibly comment.

I'm just a software programmer, not even seeking to dominate the world
by inventing some super AI and calling it G.O.D.

> Sorry, I was brought up a Presbyterian who was taught that you don't
> need anyone to stand between you and your morals.

And happy you are.  Most people in the world are brought up to
revere/worship/follow religious authorities, dictators, kings,
politicians, popstars, cult authors etc.  It seems to be in human nature
to be in constant search of out-of-ordinary heroes to be personal models
of behavior.

> IMO The vast majority of people need food and an
> education and not to be oppressed.

I agree.  Even so, I can't help but fear that most of these
non-oppressed, educated people would still be in search of other people
to tell them how they should live their lives -- like indeed is very
common to see people in big industrialized cities to search for some
help to their personal problems with psychoanalysts (a modern father of
sorts).  The problem with people isn't education or political regimes:
it's that they are too damn lazy to try to solve their problems and end
up resorting to others.

> And as for being as much of a sinner as anyone else. Then stop being
> one and that includes the sins of making people believe in your small
> god

I don't force God down the throats of anyone, do I?

> and starting sentences with and or but. (A particular failing of
> mine.)

oh! :P